Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Few Random Things From March

~ March came in like a lion, and certainly left like one! I haven't let my kids play in the snow all winter. I know, that's horrible. Kate would beg every time it snowed if she could build a snowman, or a snow angel. I finally let her out in it for like ten min. Ha, Ha. We need snow clothes, that would make a big difference! Luckily we had some nice days in March as well. Kate keeps asking if we can go swimming. And is just not getting that it isn't warm enough yet. Can't wait for the pool to open!




~We finally got a fence! We have lived year for over three years and just barely put in a fence! It has been so nice. Why didn't we do this sooner?
~Spencer also built two huge garden box's for me. I think they turned out awesome!
So far we have planted peas, and carrots. The peas are finally starting to sprout. Why is it so exciting? The carrots on the other hand have yet to do a thing. I have absolutely no idea what I am doing in the garden. I want to though. I hope my veggies grow! So any tips are greatly appreciated!
~We have been loosing Beckams binky's like crazy. Now we know where they go!




~We had a couple of play dates with Ashley's cute girls this month!
I love them. They are the cutest!
~On St. Patricks Day a little Leprechaun stopped by and turned a few things green. Katelyn came up to me having picked her nose and said " Mom the Leprechaun turned my boogies green".
~Spencer was complaining to us how old he is getting and how old he feels. Kate turned to me and said " So I am going to have to get a new daddy right?"
~Beckam is finally starting to talk. And finally putting words together. Although I am pretty sure I am the only one that can understand him. I have to translate everything he says to people.

3 comments:

Clements Family said...

Ok really...that is hilarious that your dog has the binki in his mouth!!!

Kim Goddard said...

Heather the carrots will take a lot longer to come up than the peas. You can also plant beets, broccoli, lettuce, spinach, and I have done green beans too. You will be shocked at how well your garden will do! Remember to thin the carrots out when they are about 2" high. There is nothing better than watching your kids yank on the top of a carrot and the joy on their face when they pull out a huge orange carrot! It's like magic!

Kara said...

Oh dear, I forgot to ask my mom that thing about the carrots!! What was it again?